Below is a summary of information including: statistics from Idaho’s Department of Corrections, an overview of the state’s prison overcrowding dilemma, as well as helpful references and points of contact for those interested in resolving the problem.
Facts and Figures 2008-2009
- Annual budget (FY 2008): $182.4 million
DOC Staff and Population
- Total department active personnel: 1,595
- Total number of adult correctional institutions: 14
- Total incarcerated under DOC jurisdiction: 20,000
- Escaped: 3
- Average age: 36.7 years
Organization of state divisions, view here.
- Idaho’s prison population has dropped due to criminal justice reform; more inmates received GEDs and completed other programs in FY 2008 than any other year in department history.
- There was an 11.5% increase of treatment programs completed from FY 2007 to FY 2008.
Points of Contact
Idaho Department of Corrections
1299 N. Orchard St., Suite 110
Boise, ID 83706
Organization of DOC Executive Staff, view here.