Below is a summary of information including: statistics from Alaska’s Department of Corrections, an overview of the state’s corrections system, as well as helpful references and points of contact.
Facts and Figures FY 2008
- Annual budget: $240 million
- Percentage of the state general fund: 4.7%
- Total number of facilities: 13
- Total incarcerated under DOC jurisdiction: 5,344
- Average sentence served: 24.4 months
- Average age: 36.41 years
Organization of state divisions, view here.
- Facilities: 13
- Population: 8,263
- Average age: 36.68 years
Points of Contact
Anchorage Central Office
550 West 7th Street Suite 601
Anchorage, Alaska 99501
Juneau Central Office
802 3rd Street
Douglas, Alaska 99824
Organization of DOC Executive Staff, view here.